Bartending is in high demand, and skilled bartenders can always land a good job in the fastest growing hospitality industry today. Interestingly, even with a bare minimum educational background, if you are enough sociable, hardworking and can communicate effectively with customers, then making a striving career as a bartender is no difficult task for you. The following guidelines followed by a bartender resume sample can help you overcome the foremost hurdle of getting an interview call from your prospective employers.
What Industry Expects From a Bartender
- Bartenders are found performing in hotels, drinking pubs as well as in commercial kitchens which is outfitted with a bar. The key responsibilities of bartenders are mixing drinks, preparing cocktails and serving them together with varieties of delicious dishes to patrons. They must be friendly and welcoming to guests and remain responsible to assist them in locating suitable seats.
- Suggesting a wide variety of dishes, recommending matching drinks to foods are great skills expected out of a bartender. Indeed, only with this special attribute they can make customers coming back as regulars. While serving drinks, bartenders used to keep an eye to the empty glasses of clients and ensure if that need to be refilled.
- Some other job responsibilities that they take care include submission of cash memo or bill, payment collections, coordination with cook room stuffs, cash counter and bar manager. Duties like documenting opening and closing stocks of liquors, maintaining pub’s hygiene, wiping decor & fixtures and reporting to bar manager come under their job responsibility.
Tips for Writing a Bartender Resume
- Bartenders typically don’t need to be highly educated but minimum educational qualification is necessary. The job can be highly rewarding and demanding at the same time. The resume should contain in detail all the duties performed so far and how you can employ your experience and expertise towards its betterment.
- Bartenders are not just responsible for serving clients with foods and drinks, but are accountable to increase sale of liquor, foods and beverages as well amount of sales. If you have a great track record of influencing customers and know the special techniques that can help boost sales, don’t forget to mention them in your bartending resume.
- Cocktail preparation takes a significant amount of skill, knowledge and expertise which bartenders should possess. Include the names of some of the difficult mixes that you have prepared in your career. Such special skills are sure to draw the attention of potential employers because it popularizes a bar to its potential customers.
- Knowing multiple languages is an added advantage in this profession since it offers better customer service. If you expertise in arranging showpieces or have any other special skill like offering customized cocktails, then positioning you distinctly in the queue of candidates is quite possible for you.
- Always add the “experience” field while making preparing a resume in the hospitality industry. Mention in detail the tasks performed during your previous job to get better opportunities. Though you may land a bartending job without prior experience.
- Multiple resumes may be necessary while applying for more than one job opening. Create a different version for each employer highlighting the particular needs that you can fulfill.
- Don’t forget to mention your educational background. If you are a trained bartender from a bartending school then you’ve advantage over others.
Sample Bartender Resume
6598 Street Name, Fort Worth, TX 77012
(000) 022-1234, firstname.lastname@example.org
I aspire for a career in hospitality management as a bartender since it is a rewarding profession with huge growth prospects and satisfaction. I believe my experience and expertise can contribute hugely to the organization because I enjoy offering great service and increasing the sales.
- Fluent in English and can speak and understand Italian and Spanish
- Expert in making any kind of cocktails, mocktails, and ice creams, gelatos
- Ability to offer round-the-clock service
- Coordinate with waiters and waitresses
- Have comprehensive knowledge in European and Chinese dishes.
- Expert in mating menus with appropriate drinks
- Customer friendly
Bartender/ Sr. Bartender
Apple’s Pub International
LA, the US (2012 – continuing)
- Create and blend a number of cocktails on the regular patterns and according to customer demands as well;
- Supervising the bar, greeting patrons, and recommending the special dish of the day and offer suitable drinks complementing it;
- Keeping track of the accounts and sale of liquor; aid in collecting the payments from the tables; escorting customers to the gate and politely asking them to return again;
- Ensure that hygiene is being maintained during the preparation of the food and drinks and also that the utensils are clean. Keeping the pub decorated all through the year and especially during the festive seasons was part of my responsibility;
- Training new comers in the latest techniques and instilling the spirit of the organization.
Refreshing U Inn
South Carolina, the US (2012)
- Worked under the Bar Manager and was responsible for welcoming customers and helping them select food and alcoholic beverages from the menu;
- Preparing cocktails and helping the accountant collect the bill and submit the payments;
- Ensure cleanliness of the tables and counters, sculptures, and wall paintings.
Have undergone an on-the-job training (2012)
Apple’s Pub and Casino
Supported with bartending program (2009)
SC community college, South Carolina
High School Degree (2008)
St. James School, South Carolina
Bartender Resume Example Screenshot
Tips to Write Head Bartender Resume
A head bartender must have vast knowledge and experience about bartending and client handling. If you’re applying for the post your resume must have some elements.
- Write a concise, realistic and clearly explicable job objective
- Highlight your skills. Mind to highlight on your leadership/ management skills without fail.
- Work experience is a must for a person applying for head bartending position. Put all your experience in the
- Chronological order keeping the latest one at first.
The trend of video resume for bartending job is growing. You can also send a video of your bartending skills to prove your capabilities. Here’s an example video resume of bartending.