The bar industry has been thriving in the past decade and is expanding rapidly. This is leading to the generation of employment and leaves employers with the task of finding suitable bar managers or supervisors to run their bars efficiently. People who are interested in securing the position of a bar manager in a well established bar have to have a good amount of experience and a well drafted resume which showcases the same. Below are some guidelines and a bar manager resume specimen which shall guide you into drafting your perfect resume.
What Industry Expects from You
- Employers expect a candidate applying for such a position to have good body language, good leadership qualities and communication skills. These are the most essential qualities that make for a good bar manager. Since the role of a bar supervisor is one which requires dealing with people, be it patrons or staff, these qualities are key essentials.
- Since a bar manager is a manager, an employer would obviously be interested in your managerial skills. A bar manager is expected to keep a check on staff, stock and ensure customer satisfaction.
- A bar manager needs to be authoritative but yet not patronizing. He should have the quality to discipline staff and be able to deal with difficult customers without being harsh or disrespectful.
- In nutshell, well organized business operation, customer satisfaction and making his establishment money making are the key duties that a bar manager is expected to perform.
Tips for Drafting a Resume for Bar Manager
- An objective needs to be clearly mentioned for a bar manager highlighting how you’re about to contribute to the industry and also, your expectations.
- Highlight all about your leadership skills, about your planning, coordination with co-workers and management, marketing plans while writing in regard to work experience.
- For people working in managerial positions; multi-faceted skills showcase certain facets like knowledge, personality and sociability. In fact, all these contribute greatly in customer relation building and in leadership as well. As for example, you’re expert in skiing or have won trophies in baseball, always mention them in your resume. Mind, knowledge widens personality and confidence to share your ideas in a gathering. In hospitality industry, this can act magical in customer relation building.
- Experience in planning, administering and supervising activities of different departments for being in a managerial position should be included in the resume.
- You should mention your computer skills, be it in P.O.S systems, any sort of accounting software, Adobe or Microsoft products etc. This does serve very useful these days and will earn you brownie points and increase the probability of getting hired.
Bar Manager Resume Sample
89 Example Street, City, ZIP 00000
(999) 999-9999, firstname.lastname@example.org
In pursuit of a challenging position in the hospitality industry as a bar manage, which demands great managerial skills and proactive nature. I would be interested in offering my services in an established bar or lounge where my experience can be used to the fullest.
- Great communication skills and can speak fluently in English.
- Great at making promotional strategies and optimizing sales.
- Able to speak French.
- Can efficiently manage bar staff, waiters and waitresses.
- Great at crisis management such as in dealing with difficult customers or handling bar fights.
- Skilled in managing cash counter, inventory etc.
- Expertise in bar management applications and products
Accomplishments & Special Interests
- Won trophies in singing competitions in high school.
- Awarded in Inter School Skiing Competition ( 2nd best performer) in Illinois
- Did social work for an NGO and helped under-privileged children.
York’s Bar and Restaurant, New York
Hired to revamp the sales and reputation the club by enhancing customer service and regulating quality standard of food and cocktails, maintaining order and discipline among staff and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Schedule waiter rotation plan, job assignments, and supervision of their duties
- Work in conjunction with the storekeeper and bartender head in order to maintain effective inventory control
- Documenting day to day sales of varieties of drinks and report to management
- Hiring, training and encouraging them through appraisal
- Take care of licensing legislation and adhering to the legal responsibilities for effective operation of the establishment
- Budgeting, managing cash flow and ensuring day to day profitability
- Remain vigilant about overall cleanliness, food and beverages hygiene and also safety measures to the establishment as well as customers
Blues Bar & Live Casino, Los Angeles, California, USA
Assisted bar manager in stocking, cleaning, keeping check on bar staff and received on job training; was also in charge of ensuring customer satisfaction when bar manager was not around or in conjunction.
- Job assignment to waiters and service men
- Used to make menu plans in conjunction with the bar manager
- Oversee customer services in the dining hall
- Recommend new food items, cocktails; also about new offers.
- Maintaining of day to day accounts and reporting to manager.
- Planning different sales drive programs during Festive period.
Diploma in Hotel Management
STM Hospitality Management Institute, Illinois (2012)
High School Degrees
Illinois State Community School, Illinois (2010)
Original Sample of Bar Manager CV