Bartending schools are present all across the United States of America. These bartending schools train students in the skills and administrative knowledge used in bartending. You can enroll yourself in any offline or online bartending school after proper research. Following are some good bartender schools that you can consider. These schools comply with state laws and offer courses which help understand alcohol sales facilitation and bar service through training students practically in bartending skills and bar management.
Offline Bartending Schools
There are private bartending schools in your area which train students in mixology and educate them in knowledge related with various types of cocktails, mocktails and alcoholic beverages. They also train students in bar administration and management. Students can benefit from these schools by completing short-term courses in mixology, bartending or bar management courses.
Choose Your School Wisely
While doing research about bartending schools it is very important to keep the following points in mind.
- Try to look for schools which have lesser no. of students per class so that the teacher can give adequate attention to each student and also where they offer the knowledge of latest recipes compiled with the old ones.
- Apply for state body certified schools because they will teach students in compliance with state alcohol laws and offer licensing. These are legitimate schools and cost of the program would be fare.
- Try going through reviews offered on these schools on the internet. These students can give the best feedback since they have passed out from there and have explored opportunities as a result of that.
- Authentic bartending schools have accreditation from Accreditation Council for Continuing Education and are affiliated with Better Business Bureau, American Bartenders Association or United States Bartenders’ Guild.
Good bartending schools offer a broad spectrum of courses as they have the faculty and infrastructure. They should offer training in a well set up bar environment. These certificate courses range from 1-3 weeks.
Courses that should be offered are:
- Cash register maintenance
- Bar management
- Promotional marketing techniques
- Maintaining inventory
These schools not only offer courses in bartending but also courses in bar administration and management and train students in supervising and back office work so that students interested in running bars or managing them can acquire the skills to do so. They can gain skills in the fields of customer service, human resource management and attain an associate’s degree in such subjects. Many schools offer crash courses in management courses which are conducted over a span of 12 weeks. These courses do serve beneficial for securing management jobs in various hospitality establishments such as bars, pubs, resorts, hotels, restaurants and so on.
Courses are offered in:
- Brewing arts
- Beverage management
- Bar operations
- Alcohol distribution
- Mixology management
Names of Some Authentic Bartending Schools
- New York Bartending School– A very reputed private bartending school in NY offering a 2 year course.
- American Bartenders School– Private School offering 2 year programs.
- Famous Bartending School– 2 year courses.
- Elitte Bartending School– 2 year programs.
- Academia Serrant Inc– This is a private college which offers a 2 year program.
- Crescent City Bartending School– An offline bartending school offering 2 year program.
- Florida Technical College– Offering 4 year program.
- MBTI Business Training Institute– A private institute offering 2 year programs.
- Toledo Restaurant Training Center– A private institute offering 2 year courses.
Online Bartending Schools
An online bartending school offers online training and certification by training students with visual demonstrations and theory through books all of which are supplied in a practice tool kit. One of the most popular online courses selected by students is mixology which is a very informative course which teaches students about various cocktail, mocktail and alcoholic mixing recipes. Other than this there are some other courses offered by online bartending schools. Let’s take a look at them.
- National Bartending School– This school has its branches spread all across America and offers a combination of courses for students.
- New England Bartending School– It operates in Boston, Massachusetts and some other places and starts course with a 2 day seminar in Burlington, Vermont. After that the course continues for 40 hours and offers rigorous practice and application of basic skills which helps in grooming as a bartender.
- Pacific Bartending School– This school is located in Torrance, California and has teachers who are actually professional bartenders. This is one of those rare schools which offer job placement assistance to their students.
- Flairco Bartending arts and sciences training program– This is a program conducted by deans at multiple places in USA.
- New York Bartending School– Students are offered intermediate and advanced courses and have flexible schedules for new students. Free seminars are held out here.
- American Professional Bartending School of Illinois– It offers complete bartending course and operates mainly in California, New York and New Jersey.
- San Francisco School of Bartending– Starts with a free first class after which it conducts a 35 hour crash course in bartending.
- Professional Bartending School of America– This school functions in multiple places and also offers 40 hours crash course in bartending.