For candidates applying for the position of bartender or barmen should note that bartender resume objectives are exactly the place in your resume where you’re expected to state the basic reason why you’re applying for this post or sending the resume. This should typically be incorporated at the top place or in the beginning of your resume with a view to let the hiring manager or employer know what you’re intended to achieve in your career, your background as well as how your expertise and career goal can help your employer in revenue generation. Therefore, the significance of putting an effective and inspiring resume objective is fairly understandable. In a word, this is an applicant’s special tool that helps him/her to get an interview call and help reach the best job worldwide.
The role of a bartender is multi-dimensional. He/she not only performs behind the serving table, but also takes care of the dynamics that ensure smooth operation of the entire bar as a whole. He has to keep a track of his stock, cash register, entertain guests, coordinate with the chef and other staff, maintain the bar and its equipment etc.
So, you can imagine the stress and pressure that revolves around such a job on a daily basis. The bar owner who wants to hire a bartender will want to see in your resume, whether you are a fresher or an experienced professional and if you know enough about the industry you are venturing into.
Mentioning the Objective
While drafting your bartending resume objective, mind that your goal should be crystal clear, well defined and must not be hyperbole. Doing so gives the employer the perception how you’re focused, realistic to achieve your objective based upon your background (in terms of experience, expertise and other attributes). The objective mentioned has to be different for a fresher as it is for an experienced professional. An impressing resume objective can make your employer paying attention advancing your endeavor to get an interview call.
Resume Objective for a Fresher:
- To secure a position as a bartender in (bar, restaurant, hotel, resort-mention the name) where my potential as a bartender and youthful enthusiasm can be explored and used optimally. By joining an esteemed employer like you, I am sure to have the opportunity to learn comprehensively about the profession.
- To make a flourishing career in hospitality industry, a position like bartending can help me learn lots in foods and beverages services. With my communication skill, friendly behavior and learning attitude, I am confident to reaching my career goal.
Resume Objective for a Bartender with Experience:
- Looking for a bartending job in a senior position in a bar, restaurant, hotel or casino of well repute where I can get the opportunity to exhibit my expertise in customer services, cocktail preparation as well as housekeeping making my establishment prosperous.
- Backed by 3+ years of experience in hospitality industry as a barman, I am positive to contribute a lot in F & B services, serving drinks and preparing personalized cocktails on demand and in search for a big establishment where I can have higher potential to perform.
- If exclusive kind of cocktail preparation is one of the great attributes of a bartender, then I’m in no doubt that my vast knowledge in making cocktails can make clients enthralled and my employer happy. I am also aimed to make best use of my bar management knowledge that I have gained in my previous employments.
- In pursuit for a job as a full time bartender in (bar, restaurant, hotel, resort-mention the name) to offer service with dedication and make full use of my experience and formal education in bartending to boost client entertainment and sales. I am a believer in mutual growth.